I take for granted sometimes that I know a lot about hair and not every single person in my chair may know the “simple” tips that I take for granted.
Hair tips will be an ongoing segment to remind everyone the important things to be doing at home on a regular basis.
Hair Tips No.1
- Don’t sleep with your hair wet
- Brush your (dry) hair regularly
- Brush your scalp
- Brushing wet hair is bad – Try to only use a detangling brush or comb that is gentle when hair is wet. Make sure to use a protective detangling spray to help protect your hair.
- Brush your scalp and your hair before shampooing
- Use cold water at the end of shampoo and conditioner to close down your cuticle for extra shine
- Use hot water when trying to open the cuticle to remove product build-up, hair color build-up, or release color fast
- Use cool water when trying to keep color in longer, keep frizz down, lock-in moisture, and lock-in conditioner or masque